Greene County Human Services

Greene County Human Services

(724) 627-8171

108 Greene Plaza
Waynesburg, PA - 15370

TANF and Moving to Independence The Department of Human Services is dedicated to helping low-income families become independent while they receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, TANF, benefits. TANF is also referred to as "cash assistance". The TANF program provides money to help: Pregnant women Dependent children and their parents who live with them Dependent children and other relatives who live with them and care for them HOW TO APPLY: You can apply for and renew your benefits from the comfort of your home using  COMPASS ,the online resource for  cash assistance ,  the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) ,  help with child care ,  health care coverage ,  home heating assistance (LIHEAP) , school meals,  SelectPlan for Women  and long-term living services. You can also File an application at  your local county assistance office  or Download an application form (below) and return it to  your local county assistance office   Application for cash assistance, SNAP and Medical Assistance Benefits  (English version) Solicitud para recibir beneficios  (Version Española) If you need help completing the application form or need more information about benefits, trained workers at your  county assistance office  can help you. Are You Eligible? To be eligible for cash assistance/TANF, you must meet certain requirements. Workers at the county assistance office can provide more information on all of these requirements: You must be a United States citizen and a resident of Pennsylvania. (Certain non-citizens lawfully admitted for permanent residence may be eligible.) You and your family members must provide Social Security Numbers or apply for them. You are required to look for a job or participate in an employment and training program. (Some people may be excused from the work requirements, for example, a person with a disability.) You are required to help the caseworker complete an Agreement of Mutual Responsibility (AMR), which is a plan for what you will do so you no longer need cash assistance. The plan may include looking for work, attending a training program, or applying for Social Security benefits. You must sign the AMR and follow through with the plan. If you want cash assistance for a dependent child, you must cooperate with paternity and child support requirements, unless you have a good cause for not not cooperating. Your child must be under age 18 or age 18 and a full-time student. Your child must live with you and you must care for the child. You must need support and care for the child as a result of at least one of these things: Death of the child's parent; Incapacity of the child's parent (such as a long illness); Continued absence of a parent from your home; or One or both parents with no income or low income from employment. Your resources (things with cash value such as bank accounts, bonds or property that is not your primary/main residence) must have a value of $1,000 or less. You must report all income from employment or from other sources including, but not limited to, child support, unemployment compensation, interest, Social Security benefits, or lottery winnings. How Long Can I Receive cash assistance? You can receive cash assistance for  60 months TOTAL  (five years) over the course of your lifetime. Frequently Asked Questions about cash assistance

Photo Gallery

Post Comment