Santa Fe County HSD Office

Santa Fe County HSD Office

(505) 476-9200

39B Plaza La Prensa
Santa Fe, NM - 87504

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families What is the purpose of this service? The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, known in New Mexico as NMWorks, provides a monthly cash benefit to be used to meet basic family needs such as housing, utilities, and clothing costs. Who can receive TANF funds? To qualify for TANF, a person must: Live in New Mexico Be below income and resource limits set for the program Have dependent children age 18 or younger who are citizens or have eligible alien status If children are 19, they must be a full-time high school student expected to graduate before the end of the month in which they become 20 Provide information on monthly income: Eligibility guidelines are provided  HERE . What happens once I return my application? You will be asked to come in for an interview with an eligibility worker in about ten days. Your assigned worker will give you a list of things you need to provide. This information will tell your worker about you and your household so he or she can determine if you qualify for cash assistance. Bring as much of the requested information as you can to the interview. This will help us to help you faster. If, after your interview, you need to provide more information, your worker will make a list of things you need to do. Your worker will explain the time allowed and ask you to gather the information as soon as you can. If later, you still need more time, or you can't get the information required, let your worker know as soon as possible. When will I know if I can get cash assistance? You will be notified by letter within 45 days as to whether or not your cash assistance was approved. If you do not agree with the letter, you can ask for a Fair Hearing on the decision. Remember, our job is to serve you. It is our policy to ensure that everyone who applies for and qualifies for cash assistance receives these benefits in a timely manner and in accordance with the law. How will I receive my monthly allotment? Each month your cash assistance allotment will be deposited into an Electronic Benefits Card. Like a debit card, you can use the EBT card to withdraw cash or purchase items your family needs. For information about the EBT card click  HERE . Hours : M-F / 8am to 4:30pm

Photo Gallery

Post Comment