Tangipahoe Parish DCFS Office(888) 524-3578
1211 NW Central Ave
Amite, LA - 70422
- Under 18 years of age, or 18 years of age and enrolled in a secondary school or its equivalent
- For KCSP eligibility, a dependent child must be under 18 years of age. Unborn children are not eligible for FITAP. A pregnant woman who has completed the fifth month of pregnancy may be certified if otherwise eligible (unborn is not eligible).
To qualify for cash assistance, a child must reside in the home of a parent or other qualified relative who is responsible for the day-to-day care of the child.
The following relatives are qualified relatives:
- Grandfather or grandmother (extends to great-great-great);
- Brother or sister (including half-brother and half-sister);
- Uncle or aunt (extends to great-great);
- First cousin (including first cousin once removed);
- Nephew or niece (extends to great-great);
- Stepfather or stepmother; Stepbrother or stepsister
These may be biological or adoptive relatives.
Resources are assets or possessions that a household can convert to cash to meet needs.
All resources are excluded when determining eligibility. Income is any gain or benefit to a household that has monetary value and is not considered a resource. All income is counted when determining eligibility and payment amounts.
Kinship Care Subsidy Program
(KCSP) Income is any gain or benefit to a household that has monetary value and is not considered a resource. All income is counted when determining pretest eligibility. In order to meet this requirement, the gross countable income of the caretaker relative’s KCSP income must be less than 150% of the federal poverty threshold for the family size. For purposes of this pretest, the caretaker’s KCSP income unit is defined to include the child, the caretaker relative, and anyone residing in the home for whom the caretaker relative claims financial responsibility.